Veterans with low income may qualify for free legal help. Call the statewide legal aid hotline toll free at 1-877-432-9955, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Veterans Legal Assistance Project
The Veterans Legal Assistance Project is a partnership between Equal Justice Wyoming and the Wyoming State Bar to help connect low-income veterans with legal resources and volunteer attorneys. To apply for services, contact Equal Justice Wyoming at 307-777-8383.
Legal advice clinics for veterans are held periodically throughout the year.
Stateside Legal is a national website for members of the military, veterans, their families and advocates. Their goal is to help you:
- access benefits,
- find free legal help, and
- better understand your legal issues.
New: Stateside Legal now has a guide for veterans who want to upgrade their discharge status.
There are many benefits available to veterans offered by both the federal and state government.
Information about the numerous benefits (compensation, pension, disability, education, home loans, etc.) from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs can be found here.
Available state benefits include:
- Wyoming Veteran's Property Tax Exemption (including motor vehicles)
- Free Tuition for War Veterans and Surviving Dependents
- Wyoming Veteran's License Plates & License Plate Stickers
- Hunting, Fishing, and Parks
- Education and other transition assistance
You may also contact the Wyoming Veteran’s Hotline at: (800) 833-5987.