Common Questions

Minor Name Change

Legal Disclaimer: The following is basic legal information, provided as a public service by Wyoming’s lawyers. The information provided is not a substitute for speaking to an attorneyOnly an attorney can give you legal advice regarding your specific situation. Click here for help finding a lawyer.

How do I file for a child's name change?
Do I have to tell the other parent about the name change?
How do I let the other parent know about the name change?
What happens if the parents don’t agree?
What happens if the child doesn’t agree to the name change?
Will the Court agree to the child's name change?
What do I do after I have the order for my child's name change?