Petitions for adult name changes are filed in the District Court. Click here for a list of contact information for each district court.

Disclaimer: Please note these are not official court forms. These forms and instructions were designed to assist in most but not all cases and should not be considered legal advice. Not all forms may apply to your situation. Only a lawyer can give you advice about your specific case. Click here for help finding a lawyer.

Please read the instructions before filling out any forms:


Filing an Adult Name Change Petition

For victims of domestic abuse

Asking for a Hearing Date

NOTE: Individual courts have different policies on scheduling, so it is important to contact the court where your case is filed to determine when and how to schedule your appearance in front of the Judge. Your court may have forms to request a hearing date, or you can fill out these forms to request a hearing date:

Finish Your Case