Common Questions

Adult Name Change

Legal Disclaimer: The following is basic legal information, provided as a public service by Wyoming’s lawyers. The information provided is not a substitute for speaking to an attorneyOnly an attorney can give you legal advice regarding your specific situation. Click here for help finding a lawyer.

Do I need a court order for a name change?
How do I get a court order for a name change?
Is my name change private?
How much does it cost to file for a name change?
What happens if someone files an objection?
Is there any reason why a person might not be allowed to change his or her name?
What do I do after I have the order for the name change?