(Guardianship of a Minor)

Minor Guardianship forms and instructions are available on the Wyoming Judicial Branch website. (Click on "Family Law" and see Packets 14-18)

Petitions for guardianship of a minor are usually filed in the District Court where the child lives. Click here for a list of contact information for each district court.

However, if there is already a pending custody case in another court, or if another court has already issued custody orders for the child, then you must file the Petition in that court. This makes sure that different courts do not issue conflicting orders.

Disclaimer: Not all forms may apply to your situation. Only a lawyer can give you advice about your specific case. Click here for help finding a lawyer.

NOTE: Sometimes a juvenile dependency court awards custody instead of a district court. If a juvenile court has issued custody orders, or if there is a custody issue pending before a juvenile court, then click here for more information.

You may also want to read: Temporary Guardianship of Related Minor Child for Educational, Medical Care and Dental Care Purposes