Estate Planning Resources
Free Estate Planning Legal Assistance
The University of Wyoming College of Law Estate Planning Practicum offers free estate planning legal services for income-eligible individuals. The Practicum provides the following legal services:
- Draft Wills, Powers of Attorney, and Advanced Health Care Directives (Living Wills)
- Assist in simple probate proceedings
- Provide general estate planning and probate advice
Estate Planning Information Bulletins, Series Title: Planning Ahead, Difficult Decisions
- Introduction to Estate Planning
- Estate Planning Checklist: Information to Assemble Before Consulting Your Attorney
- After a Death: What Steps are Needed?
- Wyoming Wills: Some Suggestions for Getting the Most from Estate Planning
- Death Certificates
- A Walk Through Probate
- The Personal Property Memorandum
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Advance Health Care Directives
- Durable Power of Attorney
NOTE: The University of Wyoming Extension Financial Literacy Program has partnered with a Wyoming attorney to produce this series of publications related to estate planning. The bulletins are not intended to provide legal or financial advice but rather to give readers a more informed understanding of issues to discuss with family members, the executors of their wills, and estate planning professionals.
The American College of Trust & Estate Counsel (ACTEC) has developed a series of videos regarding various topics available on the ACTEC YouTube channel. PLEASE NOTE: These informative videos may help you understand the generalities of these topics, but they are not tailored to the specifics of Wyoming law.
Upcoming Classes & Programs
Find a Do-It-Yourself divorce clinic or a local law night clinic.
Find A Lawyer
Learn more about finding a legal aid or private attorney.
Community Resources In Your County
A list of community resources by county.
Your local county library has print versions of Wyoming statutes and rules. The print set includes references to additional relevant Wyoming materials which you may find useful.